Plant Biotechnology deals with the basics of plant tissue culture technique and methodology with more implementation and application of biotechnology tools and nutrient supplements for the better growth of plant saplings. This would help to understand the various application of plant tissue culture technique helping the farmers and agriculture market to get the growth in lesser environmental conditions and also could preserve the seeds by cryopreservation methods. The application of transgenic plants by altering the genes with the help of various enzymatic and recombinant tools would be able to produce a new variety of plant species with climate-friendly and beneficial quality for greater production.
- To learn the basics of plant tissue culture and the concepts related to the nutritional requirement for their growth
- To understand the methods for preparing the media, its sources with sterilization of explants and growth conditions
- To understand the basics of micropropagation, embryo culture, etc., and to learn the cryopreservation techniques.
- To learn about the basics of transgenic plants and their application in various conditions.
CO 1: Students will be able to understand the basics of plant tissue culture and concepts related to the nutritional requirement
CO 2: It helps the student understand about the preparation of media, its sources with sterilization of explants and requirement of growth condition
CO 3: It will help them to understand the application of plant tissue culture with basics of micropropagation, embryo culture, etc.
CO 4: Students will be able to learn about the cryopreservation methods used to preserve the explants, embryo, and seeds.
CO 5: They will be able to explain the basics of transgenic plants and their application based on the climate and environmental factors
CO 6: Students will be able to describe the concepts and application of transgenic plants with enhanced nutritional, stress tolerance and infection tolerance features.
- Teacher: Dr. SRINATH NAGANATHAN